This delicious meaty-meal of an old fashioned crock pot roast with onions and garlic is certain to please any meat lover out there! Being relatively easy to prepare, this meal is perfect for those days that you just want to set it and forget it. The first and most important thing is to choose the right cut of meat. For this pot roast we chose a round rump roast variety, about three pounds of meat. This three pound roast would probably serve about 6 people, but we plan to eat this over a couple days being it’s just the two of us. Make sure the meat is freshly cut the same day if possible. Making this roast takes me back to the days when my mom would do her crock pot roasts, usually putting them in on Saturday night, so the meal could be cooked on low all night and then be eaten the following day after church.
Serve with a side of Oven Roasted Vegetables.
This crock pot roast with onions and garlic uses healthy and flavorful ingredients, and is extremely easy to prepare. Cook six hours in crock pot and serve.
- Remove roast from package, wash lightly under warm water, and towel pat dry. Chop onion and garlic and set aside. Take half of the garlic, sprinkle with sea salt, and mash with a knife so that it can be spread on the roast later. Heat up medium sized saucepan with olive oil until is starts to sizzle slightly. Take approximately half of the mashed garlic mix and spread it evenly over the rump roast, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onions and garlic onions and garlic to the pan and simmer until they are lightly browned. Put the entire rump roast into the pan and sear the sides of it until they are browned.
- Transfer the roast, onions, and garlic to the crock pot. De-glaze the pan with 1/2 cup of water, and transfer this to the crock pot, then add enough water to cover the roast completely.
- Cook in crock pot for 6-7 hours on high. Serve and enjoy. Pairs well with oven roasted vegetables.
- Finnish Sweet Licorice
- My Fav Finnish Breads and Pastries