This Spanish rice recipe is spiced according to your spicy preferences! I’ll admit that it’s hard to find hot sauce in Finland. I remember living there and just craving Mexican food. Growing up in Arizona, you have taco places on every corner, which really makes you love spicy flavors. My fiance will attest that my spicy palate is much stronger than his. I’ve made him suffer through many instances of over-spicing- from my famous chili recipe (to be posted later!), to my Indian cooking adventure, to my latest rendition of this Spanish rice recipe. This Spanish Rice recipe is pretty amazing, so amazing that I could eat it every day- or at least when I get that spicy craving!
Also, read on for more tips on what to do if you complete one of the ultimate cooking sins: over-spicing! Don’t worry, it can be corrected.
This Spanish Rice recipe is a great side dish for your Mexican fiesta. Cooks up with a few simple steps and satisfies your spicy cravings!
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add rice to pan and cook for around 20 minutes until soft and the water is fully absorbed.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Sautee onion and garlic in medium pan with some olive oil until lightly browned.
- If using the corn, begin heating up in a small saucepan.
- Once rice is cooked, add Olive oil and tomato sauce to pan and stir.
- Add the cooked onions, garlic, and corn to the pan of rice.
- Stir in cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and black pepper.
- Taste and see if it is spicy enough for you. If not, add a dash more of cayenne and black pepper.
- Serve on the side of tacos or enchiladas!
If you have made your rice too spicy and you can't take it, I recommend adding some sour cream, parmesan cheese, milk, or adding more corn. These things will help absorb some of the spice so you aren't in pain!
- Finnish Salmon Pie Recipe
- Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe