This recipe for Zucchini Bread is a new one for me! I’ve never made Zucchini Bread before, but I have made other spice cakes like Cinnamon bread, and Banana bread. This Zucchini bread turned out very moist and flavorful, and kind of reminded me of a carrot loaf. The water from the zucchini made the bread very moist and mouth-wateringly delicious! The spices were just perfect, and the addition of walnuts added a nice crunch. This recipe is relatively easy to make, the only minor nuisance was grating the Zucchini by hand- but if you have a food processor then this could be avoided!
This recipe for Zucchini Bread combines all the flavors of a traditional spice cake, with zucchini. Walnuts add a crunch this deliciously moist cake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small loaf pan with butter or Crisco.
- Grate Zucchini over a bowl using a grater, the smallest pieces. If you have a food processor you can also use this.
- After grated, use a small fork to mash Zucchini to squeeze some juice out of it. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the grated zucchini, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in the large bowl.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Using a spatula, spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Cook in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
This Zucchini bread recipe produces a golden brown loaf cake that can be enjoyed with coffee, tea, or a glass of milk. If you want to dress up this dish a little more, you can also make a brown sugar glaze frosting and add this to the top, and serve with french vanilla ice cream on the side.
*If you are a chocolate lover, you can also add chocolate chips or grated chocolate to the mixture. I plan on trying this next time!
- Finlandia Spring Cocktail
- Finnish Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting