This Finnish Flat Bread Recipe is extremely popular among Finns and foreigners alike. If you’ve never made this bread, I urge you to try it immediately! It’s just the right amount of sweet and is perfect for serving with butter and jam.
This recipe for Finnish Flat Bread is perfect for fall! Serve with coffee or cocoa.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- Add milk, salt, egg and brown sugar.
- Stir in the Graham flour, cracked wheat flour, and wheat germ.
- Add all purpose flour, a little at a time.
- Beat after each additional cup is added.
- When a stiff dough is formed, knead in the butter and continue kneading until smooth.
- Shape into flat loaves and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Use a fork to prick the loaves all over.
- Rise for 10 minutes.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Brush with melted butter on top while cooling.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- Raisin Spice Cake Recipe