This Oatmeal Chocolate Loaf Cake Recipe is super moist and delicious! It combines the whole grain goodness of oats with sweet chocolate chips!
This Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Loaf cake cooks up quick, and is moist and tasty. Uses whole grain oats, so it packs a healthy kick!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or crisco.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened butter with the brown sugar until it is creamed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- Add 1/2 the oats mixture and 1/2 the milk.
- Add the flour.
- Add the remaining oats and milk and mix well on medium speed.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and mix only a few times until they are combines evenly throughout.
- Bake loaf for 25-30 minutes until brown and firm on top, and a knife comes out of the center clean.
You can substitute whole grain wheat flour for the all purpose flour if you would like an even more whole grain loaf.
- Avila’s El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant Review
- Melting Pot Irvine Restaurant Review