This Asian Fried Rice Recipe is tasty and only uses a few ingredients, which makes it a perfect quick meal for you and your family. It’s also perfect if you want to bring something to a potluck or afternoon party! Fried rice is so yummy, people will just eat the whole batch!
The recipe below is also vegetarian, so you can feel free to add chicken or tofu to it if you would like some more protein.
Also, if you cannot eat Soy Sauce you can substitute with Tamari Sauce.
- Precook the rice on the stove top or using a rice cooker. I set this aside overnight, but you can also use it right after cooking to make the Fried rice.
- Sautee the onions, green onions, carrots, and peas in a medium saucepan with some olive oil and 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil and salt and pepper.
- Once veggies are cooked, add the mixture to the rice and stir well.
- Add Soy Sauce or Tamari sauce a little at a time, until your preferred level of seasoning is achieved.
- Add additional 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil to rice mixture,
- In another pan, lightly scramble the 4 eggs, until they are just barely cooked (you don't want to overcook them so that they won't mix or chop in well with the rice.
- Add eggs to the rice mixture.
- Serve at your next party or gathering, or as a quick weeknight meal!
What’s the difference between Soy Sauce and Tamari Sauce? Read more here.
- Sima Recipe, Finnish Vappu Drink
- Finnish Cinnamon Sugar Cookies