My favorite thing to do when I wake up on a weekend morning, after I have my coffee of course, is to get my breakfast going!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I love making breakfast foods. Eggs are one of my favorite foods, and I’m always looking for new ways to add some veggies to breakfast. I’ve made a lot of different omelettes pairing different veggies with my eggs, but one thing that ALWAYS has to be on the side of my eggs are potatoes! One thing you do need to be careful of though (especially if you live in a small apartment or if your smoke detector is located extremely close to your stove), is that you don’t set off the smoke detector!
To make these potatoes it is necessary that you actually burn them somewhat. They are in fact crispy sauteed potatoes, so don’t try to be nice to them if you want them crispy.
These crispy sauteed potatoes are a wonderful side dish to eggs, pork or steak, or just enjoyed on their own! Made with heart-healthy olive oil and sauteed.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly in warm water. Chop potatoes once in half and then into very thin slices lengthwise. I leave the skin on the potatoes but if you don’t like the skin, then you can also peel them.
- Heat large pan and add olive oil until a sizzle is heard.
- Add chopped potatoes to pan and sautee them for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy looking.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked and crispy, add salt, pepper, and a pinch of parsley.
- If you are having sauteed potatoes as a side dish for lunch or dinner you can also add 1 diced and sauteed onion, sour cream, chives, or shredded cheese on top to make them extra delicious! If you like your potatoes with extra flavors, you can also experiment with other spices like rosemary, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, or even Indian spices like curry or turmeric.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Finnish Rice Pudding