This Barbecued Chicken Recipe is a great way to kick off your Memorial Day weekend! We cooked this BBQ Chicken in the oven, and paired with a side of homestyle mashed potatoes! Chicken is a very versatile dish, and it’s always great to find new ways of adding flavor, barbecue sauce is one of my favorite ways to kick it up a notch. Barbecued Chicken is a great holiday dish, and is also great for summer parties!
This delicious Barbecued Chicken recipe is perfect for your Memorial Day get together. Flavored with Barbecue sauce, it's just the perfect kick to your afternoon or evening meal!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two pans with aluminum foil.
- Prepare chicken by removing skin and extra fat with a knife.
- Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Add additional onion, garlic salt, and chili powder on the top of the meat.
- Place chicken in pan and cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven after 20 minutes and lightly spoon barbecue sauce on top of chicken.
- Place back in oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Plate and serve!
If you like your chicken extra spicy, be sure to add more chili powder or to add cayenne pepper to your liking when you are seasoning the chicken.
- Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Homestyle Mashed Potatoes Recipe