You ever have that late afternoon carb craving? I get it almost every day around 5pm, right before I’m leaving my job. I just start thinking about every carb related food that I shouldn’t be eating and it starts consuming my brain! Thoughts of cheezy puffs, ice cream, dinner rolls, Fettucine Alfredo, you name it, I’ve craved it. So I decided to come up with a semi-healthy carb option that can be easily cooked up in the oven in about 15 minutes. You can pretty much make this cheesy bread with any kind of “roll”, but if you want to make it healthier you can choose whole grain, gluten-free, or whole wheat options from the local store.
Yesterday evening when I made this, the only bread in the fridge were some potato rolls, like the kind you use for hamburgers. haha. But, it still turned out amazingly crunchy and delicious, not to mention cheesy and satisfying. I personally like to make this with only one type of cheese to keep it simple- so I just used Parmesan cheese yesterday. If you want your rolls extra cheesy, you can layer several different types of cheese! This Easy Cheesy Bread is your fix to that afternoon carb craving.
This easy cheesy bread can be made with any type of roll, any type of cheese, and some simple spices. Cook it up in the oven and it comes out crunchy! Yum!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil onto each roll.
- Salt and pepper each roll, also add oregano if you want them to be “Italian tasting”.
- Spoon Parmesan cheese onto each piece.
- Add other cheeses and layer on top of each roll.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
optional ingredients: hot sauce like Cholula (for some spicy cheesy bread) *you can top the cheesy bread with sauteed mushrooms, guacamole, or diced tomatoes as well.
- Finnish Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Sweet Corn Bread Recipe