I’m a definite fan of chocolate and peanut butter mixed together- I try to combine it whenever possible, and I’ve done that again with these Finnish Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting! Chocolate by itself is amazing yes, but combining it with the flavor of peanut butter just makes your taste buds come alive with nutty goodness. These brownies are topped with chopped walnuts which add a decorative appeal, but also a wonderful crunch to the top.
My fiance is a huge brownie fan. He has watched me make them several times now, and let me tell you- he never complains about eating them. He can eat 2-3 brownies in one sitting if you leave him alone!
These brownies go well with a large glass of cold milk, and are certain to please all the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 6X9 ceramic or metal pan with butter or Crisco.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it is combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the mix and whip with a whisk until creamy.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate squares over low heat until they are melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the melted chocolate to the wet ingredients mix and stir for about 4 minutes until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the other bowl and mix everything together. Batter should be smooth and not lumpy, and not too thick.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
- Cut, remove from pan, and prepare for frosting!
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir constantly with wooden spoon to avoid burning.
- Spread the frosting on top of the brownies and top with chopped walnuts.
These Finnish brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting are certain to go fast! If you are making for a party or for guests, I'd recommend doubling or tripling the recipe.
If you aren't a walnut lover, you can also top with chocolate sprinkles or shredded coconut, or chocolate chips.
- Zucchini Bread Recipe
- The Finnish Grilli