Who’s hungry? This Homestyle Mashed Potatoes Recipe is sure to fill you up with delicious potatoey goodness. We keep the skins on the potatoes when we mash them up, giving this recipe a great earthy texture! The skins add additional fiber to the recipe which increases their nutritional value. Instead of butter, I used Olive Oil, which also gives you some heart-healthy benefits as well. If you like toppings on your mashed potatoes or if you want to make a meal out of them, you can also top with sour cream, chives, shredded cheese, or bacon bits.
These homestyle mashed potatoes are a wonderful comfort food. Goes well with most meat dishes including Barbecued Chicken, Pulled Pork, or a Rump Roast.
- In a large saucepan, begin boiling 5 cups of water.
- Clean potatoes thoroughly and slice into medium sized pieces.
- Boil potatoes in pan for around 25 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Once potatoes are soft enough to mash with a fork, remove from heat and drain water from pan using a collander.
- Place potatoes back in pan.
- Add milk, olive oil, salt and pepper, and begin mashing with a fork.
- Once all ingredients are added it should only take around 5 minutes to mash all the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy, great as a side dish to the Barbecued Chicken Recipe
If you would like a more buttery taste to your mashed potatoes, you can substitute the Olive oil in this recipe with 1/2 stick of unsalted butter.
This recipe goes wonderfully with my Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- Delish Brownie Recipe