Happy Cinco de Mayo! For this Mexican holiday we decided to make some Mexican food! There was beef pot roast left over so it was a pretty easy decision to use that up in some way, and by adding some spices to the beef and topping with peppers, we made these Shredded Beef Tacos with Peppers.
I’ve made a lot of tacos before, but this is the first time I’ve ever made them with shredded beef cooked in a crock pot. Let me tell you, after making my tacos this way, I may never go back to regular ground beef for my tacos ever again, the tacos were just so much more flavorful this way!
These shredded beef tacos with peppers are very tasty. With a crispy cooked tortilla, and topped with sour cream, these tacos are perfect for Cinco de Mayo!
- Chop red onion and cherry tomatoes and set aside in separate bowls. Shred cheese and set aside.
- Chop Peppers into thin slices and sautee in saucepan with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for around 8 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften and brown on the edges.
- In another saucepan, add shredded beef, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and 1/2 cup water and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers and beef are done, warm the tortillas in pan, adding some cheese until it begins to melt and the tortillas begin to get crispy. Don’t remove from pan until the cheese is melted.
- Add beef to tortillas, and start assembling your tacos! Add onions, tomatoes, red sauce, and top with sour cream.
- Enjoy with some Sangria or Cerveza!
- Chocolate Souffle Recipe
- Finnish Cinnamon Rolls Recipe