It may be another rainy and dreary day in New York, but inside my apartment we are having a summer fiesta! OK, so yes it is Sunday, the day of rest- BUT, you still have to eat right? This summer pasta salad with veggies is a quick and easy side dish that you can enjoy in the summer months, or anytime. I love pasta salads because they are quick to cook up, and you usually don’t have to go out and buy a bunch of crazy ingredients, and you can customize them to whatever things you happen to have on hand in your fridge. Even if it’s rainy and dreary out, it can still be summer in your mouth!
This Summer Pasta Salad with Veggies recipe will add a delicious kick to your afternoon. Rain or shine, awaken your taste buds with delicious summer flavors!
- Slice tomatoes,pickles, and onion and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water add pasta, frozen corn, frozen peas and carrots mix.
- Boil for approximately 15 minutes or until shells are fully cooked.
- Drain pasta, corn, and peas and carrots mix using a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the pre-sliced veggies with the cooked pasta and veggies.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian dressing, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic salt as desired for your taste.
- Using two wooden spoons make sure the pasta absorbs most of the liquids and that everything gets an even disbursement of the spices.
- Cool in fridge for around 1-2 hours before serving.
You can customize this recipe according to your tastes and preferences. Use whatever you have in your fridge!
- Vegan Chocolate Fondue with Fruit Recipe
- Pork Chops Recipe