The traditional Southern comfort food of Corn Bread is extremely simple to whip up, and when you have a fiance who loves corn bread as much as mine does, you will be making this often. Corn bread is a very starchy desert type dish, but it goes really well with meat dishes, or if you are making a spicy dish like Chili or Indian curries, having a side of corn bread comes in very handy to cut the spice!
This corn bread recipe does not contain any corn meal, so it isn’t the “standard” version of cornbread. It comes out more cake-like and isn’t as crumbly. I actually happened to stumble across this recipe by accident, as I wasn’t intending to make actual corn bread, but I didn’t notice that I had used corn oil instead of vegetable oil- and I came out with some corny tasting sweet yellow cake, which is pretty good!
This sweet corn bread is a great dinner side dish. Using simple ingredients, it's easy to whip up last minute, and always comes out great! Serve with meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a ceramic pan with butter or crisco.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until a batter is formed.
- Add batter into pan.
- Cook in oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on the top, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Easy Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Finlandia Spring Cocktail