Summertime is upon us again, and so comes the time when it’s too hot to cook indoors. So voila, who needs to use the oven, you certainly don’t need it for this tuna macaroni salad recipe! I make this almost once a week during the summer months. You can vary the ingredients depending on what you have in the fridge, or by what is on sale at the store as well. This recipe was taught to me by my mom, who always indulged me by making tuna macaroni salad whenever I came to visit. For the tuna used in this recipe, I would recommend using Albacore Tuna because it just tastes fresher. So I hope you enjoy this version of my Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe!
If you enjoy other vegetables like cherry tomatoes, carrots, or red onion, you can also make different versions of this recipe with your favorite ingredients. If you are a cheese lover I have topped this dish with both Parmesan or shredded cheddar cheese, which definitely adds another delicious layer of flavor!
Everyone loves this Tuna Macaroni Salad! A wonderful summer dish that can be used for parties and pot lucks.
- Chop onion, pickles, and celery and put in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, boil water and cook elbow macaroni until it is soft but tender. Be careful not to overcook the macaroni or else it will fall apart when you add the other ingredients.
- Once macaroni is cooked, add to large bowl.
- Open and drain tuna and add to bowl.
- Add mayonnaise a little at a time to the other ingredients and start mixing with a spoon.
- Add pickle juice, peas, Italian dressing, paprika, salt, garlic salt, parsley, and mix well.
- Top with fresh ground pepper.
- Chill salad in fridge for around 3 hours before serving.
If you find white onions too spicy to be eaten raw, you can also take the onions out. I have also made this recipe with shredded cheddar cheese mixed into it, which is a zesty kick for any cheese lover.
Another great version of this tuna macaroni salad, which uses green onions, bell peppers, and hard boiled eggs.
- Spanish Rice Recipe
- Barbecued Chicken Recipe