A wonderfully easy and traditional bread, banana nut bread is sweet, soft, and delicious. This Banana Nut Bread Recipe is also great to make when you have a lot of bananas that are about to expire! Instead of throwing them away, why not whip up a delicious and easy banana nut bread! The bananas make this bread rich and moist. This recipe makes 1 loaf of banana bread, which is perfect to share for a weekend get-together, or you can eat it sliced up for breakfast during the week.
I particularly enjoy toasting the sliced banana nut bread in a pan with some butter, when I’m making it for breakfast!
This recipe can also be modified to add, chocolate chips, raisins, or dried cranberries- all of which will make the bread sweeter. To add on to the chocolate thing, you can also make a chocolate frosting for the bread if you want to serve it as a dessert dish.
This Banana Nut Bread Recipe (Banaani Pähkinä Leipä) is a great reason to eat some bananas! Simple, tasty, and brings sweet memories of home.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a medium loaf pan with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add other ingredients, and stir gently until they are all combined.
- Pour in loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Slice and serve.
Banana nut bread is a great dish for a weekend, enjoy with coffee or milk!
- Finnish Molasses Cookies Recipe (Piparkakut)
- Indian Red Lentils Recipe (with Pork Chops)