I’ve been trying to find more ways to incorporate some greens in my diet. I’ve enjoyed eating salads for a long time, as well as broccoli, and green peppers- however, I never really ate Spinach until fairly recently. I only enjoy fresh spinach when I do have the chance to eat it. Varieties of canned or frozen spinach only take me back to childhood memories of “Popeye”, and I just don’t want to go there- not to mention that canned spinach is disgusting! My grocery store had fresh spinach on sale yesterday so it was the perfect to time to cook some up. This delicious pork cutlets with sauteed spinach recipe was relatively fast to cook due to the thin nature of the pork, and the sauteed spinach was tender and well seasoned (if I do say so myself). Spinach is extremely healthy for you and filled with antioxidants, which makes it perfect for incorporating into your diet. Look at how lovely and radiantly green the spinach came out!
This recipe for oven baked pork cutlets is simple and delicious. The side of sauteed spinach adds color and a lot of nutrition! Top your pork with some sour cream to add a richer flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small pan with aluminum foil.
- Apply olive oil, and salt and pepper to pork cutlets
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, sautee the spinach in olive oil and garlic powder until it wilts, at which time cook it for only 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and serve.
- Top pork cutlets with a generous portion of sour cream!
This recipe would be delicious paired with a side of Spanish rice, Quinoa, or Lentils!
This recipe for Pork Cutlets with Parmesan and Bread Crumbs by Martha Stewart, also looks very inspiring.
Read more about the wonderful health benefits of Spinach!
- MasterChef Season 4 – Episode 7 and 8 recaps
- Finnish Molasses Cookies Recipe (Piparkakut)