Summer is a time of endless festivities. If you are looking for something sweet and delicious to bring to your neighborhood block party, or a kids birthday party, then this recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes is perfect! Or, if you just want to satisfy your own chocolate craving, that works too. Sometimes you just crave chocolate, you know?
I managed to bake these double chocolate chip cupcakes yesterday afternoon in less than an hour, including the frosting and decorating time. My favorite part about baking cupcakes is that they are always a special treat. I don’t make them every day, unlike some folks out there. Whenever I make cupcakes I try to have fun with it, I mean the whole point of making them is to have fun right? I like using a combination of both brown sugar and white sugar in my cupcakes because I think it makes them a little richer tasting. Also I use sugar free chocolate pudding mix because otherwise the inside will be too sweet.
Great options for decorating cupcakes, with lots of good photos: BoredPanda
These Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes are moist and delicious! Topped with creamy chocolate frosting they will certainly melt in your mouth. Perfect for sharing at any event!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a medium mixing bowl, until well combined.
- Add eggs and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Add chocolate pudding mix and milk.
- Add flour, honey, and cinnamon.
- Add chocolate chips last, and mix well.
- Spoon into cupcake baking cups and place in cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until spongy and moist looking at the top.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, milk, and powdered sugar together.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips and stir well.
- If there is not enough frosting for your liking, add more of each ingredient little by little until you have enough.
Feel free to decorate these cupcakes with anything you'd like. I topped with a single chocolate chip and some rainbow sprinkles to keep it simple. If using for a birthday party, put a candle in each one!