This Strawberry Shortcake Recipe is perfect for your Summer parties, or really for anytime you need a quick dessert. You can do the easy thing and just buy the shortcakes pre-made from the store, I mean like I’ve said before, summer is meant to be enjoyed, not slaving over a hot stove all day. However, you can also make your shortcake from scratch the day before if you are very ambitious.
Strawberry shortcake is one of those nostalgic recipes that takes you back to a simpler time, every time you eat it. I remember being a kid and making it with my dad on the weekend as part of our summer barbecues and pot lucks. I’m sure a lot of people have similar memories. Since strawberries are in season during the summer months, they are usually pretty cheap to get at the store, which is an added bonus! Strawberries are also pretty good for you, as long as you don’t add too much sugar to them.
We paired this strawberry shortcake recipe with a side of delicious Cherry flavored frozen yogurt, but you can also opt for a plain vanilla on the side as well. Most folks may prefer to just go with the whipped cream on top, which definitely adds enough creaminess to make it perfect.
One of America's favorite summer desserts, Strawberry Shortcake is simple and delicious, and always a winner for entertaining at a party!
- Wash strawberries under warm water, and rinse using a colander.
- Chop strawberries into quarters and place in a small bowl.
- Add Lemon Juice and Sugar to the strawberries and stir.
- Plate a shortcake, and add strawberries on top.
- Top Shortcake with a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Enjoy with a side of your favorite Ice Cream!
If you enjoy other fruits, you can also try making this recipe with frozen or canned raspberries, blueberries, or peaches.
- Guacamole and Chips
- MasterChef Season 4 Episodes 13 and 14 Recaps