These Finnish Rye Scones are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. If you enjoy Rye flour as much as I do, you are certain to be pleased with these scones. They cook up in a matter of minutes, and are perfect to be made in the morning for breakfast. I like to top my scones with butter, and a blend of cinnamon and sugar for some extra sweetness. You can also top these delicious Finnish Rye Scones with some Lingonberry Jam for an extra kick of flavor!
These delicious Finnish Rye Scones come out golden brown and delicious. Perfect for serving for breakfast or with some soup on a cold day!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, rye and regular flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Soften butter in another bowl, add eggs and milk and mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and knead into batter. Add additional flour if it is too sticky.
- Knead dough into bread form, and separate into 8 mounds to make scones.
- On top of each scone, sprinkle oats and caraway seeds (if you desire)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
These delicious Finnish Rye Scones are savory and wheaty. Made with Rye flour, so they are filled with whole grains for your health!
- Double Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- Homemade Finnish Seafood Pizza Recipe