Ok, so I admit that making homemade pizza may not be that creative of a dish for some, but what other dish can be made as versatile as homemade pizza? This version of Homemade Finnish Seafood Pizza is certain to please all you seafood lovers out there! I love tuna, so I definitely still love it on a pizza. Be sure to customize your pizza to your tastes, because after all, you are the one eating it!
Pizza is one of my favorite dishes to make and eat. A pizza also contains many food groups all in one, so you don’t have to worry about making several things in several different pots and pans. You just load up your pizza, add the different ingredients and layers, and you are all set!
This Homemade Finnish Pizza combines traditional Finnish seafood with the American-style pizza. When I lived in Finland, they sold "Seafood Pizza" as one of the main frozen varieties of pizza in the stores. Make your own at home tonight!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. (or alternatively mix well with wooden spoon)
- Add water and olive oil and beat until the dough forms into a bowl. Add flour if too sticky. Add a little water if too dry.
- Knead dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled ball, covered with a cloth.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and roll out into 2 pizza crusts.
- Prepare pizza toppings.
- When using fish like salmon, you should prepare the salmon in a sautee pan and cook well before you chop it up and add it to the pizza.
- Add other toppings to your liking on the top of the pizza
- Cook pizza for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top and sides and cheese is slightly bubbly.
- Slice and Serve.
Customize your pizza toppings to your tastes, the possibilities are virtually endless!
See this other delicious recipe for Shrimp Scampi Pizza!
Jacques Pepin’s Seafood Pizza with Shrimp and Clams
- Bob’s Coffee and Doughnuts Restaurant Review
- Finnish Berry Cake Recipe