This Lettuce Wraps Recipe makes a quick and easy meal, and is also nutritious and rich in vitamins! Lettuce wraps are one of my favorite summer meals because they don’t require using the oven, and all the ingredients can be cooked on the stove top using a skillet. You can use your favorite vegetables and meats in your lettuce wraps, and can make them a variety of flavors using different spices. I particularly enjoy Asian-inspired cuisine, so I like to make my meat using a traditional soy sauce or sesame oil base as the main flavor.
When we were visiting Waikiki on our honeymoon, we got lettuce wraps at Tiki’s Bar and Grill, a Waikiki hotspot known for it’s every day happy hour menu. Happy hours are one of the best things to do when vacationing in Oahu. The lettuce wraps at Tiki’s were absolutely amazing, and inspired me to post my own lettuce wraps recipe!
This lettuce wraps recipe is healthy and flavorful, and combines a delicious combination of veggies and sauteed chicken or beef.
- Chop chicken breasts or beef into thin slices about an inch wide, season with salt, pepper and paprika, and set aside.
- Chop all other veggies and set aside in medium bowl.
- Wash butter lettuce and chill in refrigerator.
- In a medium skillet, heat sesame oil until sizzling.
- Add meat and begin cooking until golden brown.
- Add water, soy sauce (to taste), wasabi, and rice vinegar to mix once meat is almost fully cooked.
- In another medium skillet, add sesame oil and veggies and sautee until tender. Add a little soy sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve meat and veggies on large serving tray with lettuce on side.
- Combine meat and veggies and wrap into small rolls and enjoy!
- Dip lettuce wraps in Chinese barbecue sauce for an added flavor.
Lettuce wraps are great for a summer or fall party dish, and cook up in a matter of minutes. A great finger food, and perfect for sharing with guests!
- Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- Apple Mango Popsicle Recipe