One of my favorite dinner dishes to make is this stuffed bell peppers recipe. I absolutely love bell peppers! For this version I used brown rice, ground beef, and tomato sauce to stuff the peppers, usually I use white rice. But the substitution of brown rice was great! When making stuffed bell peppers, try to find the largest peppers you can, and make sure they are firm, fresh, and not mottled or dry. The better peppers that you use for the recipe, the more delicious they will be!
Enjoy this stuffed bell peppers recipe for your dinner tonight!
This stuffed bell peppers recipe is one of my favorites. This can also be made ahead of time and frozen so you can save it for a time when you don't have a lot of time to cook!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare bell peppers, but removing top and seeds and washing well.
- Dice onion, and add to a medium saucepan with some olive oil.
- Add ground beef, garlic salt, chili powder, paprika, and pepper and cook until well done.
- Add tomato sauce and rice (precooked) and stir until well combined.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the filling into each pepper.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes until the pepper is juicy and tender.
- Around 5 minutes before you plan to take the peppers out of the oven, add additional tomato sauce, and the grated cheese on top of each pepper, so that it melts.
- After cheese is melted, remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve for your dinner!
- Beef Lentil Broccoli Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot
- Finnish Flat Bread Recipe