This Butternut Squash Bread Recipe is just one more amazing use for the Butternut Squash this fall season. I can’t get enough of the delicious taste of this bread, and it’s incredibly easy to whip up. For starters, the first part of making this bread is just to fully cook the butternut squash. You can do this in a saucepan, in the oven, or you can also cut it in half and microwave it for a few minutes to soften the fruit. I’d recommend removing the skin if you choose to go this route.
After you cook the squash, then you just have to mash it up thoroughly in a food processor until you are left with squash pulp, which you can then add to the mixture.
It might sound like a lot of extra work, but believe me, it’s worth it for the amazing taste of this bread!
This Butternut Squash Bread Recipe is actually pretty similar to making the traditional banana bread, and the addition of squash makes this load really moist and flavorful inside.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, I’ll be working on some more fall-inspired ideas soon. I’m trying to get more diverse recipes up, so you won’t see any “ghost sugar cookies” on here for Halloween-although sugar cookies are very tasty as well!
This Butternut Squash Bread is tasty for this fall season!
- Precook the Butternut Squash using the sautee or in-oven method, and then process in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan with butter.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, water, vegetable oil, and butternut squash puree.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy this recipe with your friends and family!
- Finnish Black Sausage (Mustamakkara)
- Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake Recipe