Halloween is only a few short days away now! Who can believe it? This fall is going by so quickly! This Frankenstein’s Skin Halloween Soup Recipe is actually just Broccoli soup, but with the extraordinary green color, it does indeed look like Frankenstein’s skin! Pretty fun right?
To start this recipe, you need to find Frankenstein, like actually go out and look for him- which shouldn’t be too difficult, considering the season. You may spot him wandering the nearby graveyard at night- or maybe he secretly hides in your basement. Or maybe, just maybe, he is that one sort of strange neighbor whose skin is just not the right shade…..
So you must find him, and then you kill him (isn’t he already dead?), and make sure to remove his skin as soon as possible, so that you can make this soup as fresh as you can!
The food processor will be your friend for this recipe, and depending on how much skin you manage to remove from Frank, you could be processing for a while. Be sure to remove the bolts from Frank before you start grinding him up.
So, you take 4 parts Frankenstein skin, two parts heavy cream, and one part butter, along with a little sauteed onion for some extra flavor- and voila! You will have some tasty soup to share at your Halloween party.
(The real recipe is below) haha.
Once you are finished ingesting Frankenstein's skin in this enjoyable soup, be sure to move on to other foods like human blood. Vampires are all the rage.
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli until soft.
- Dice an onion and sautee it in another pan.
- Add both veggies to the food processor a little at a time, and process to a pulp.
- In a medium saucepan heat up the chicken broth and add other spices as desired.
- Combine the broccoli mash and chicken broth, and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add heavy cream to thicken.
- Serve topped with croutons, toasted almonds, or cheddar cheese.
For some more innovative Halloween Recipe ideas, visit Martha Stewart, where they have thought of almost everything!!!!
- Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Carving