It’s that time of year again! For my annual pumpkin pie recipe! Time for an unlimited amount of pumpkin pie for the whole season…..Enough pumpkin pie to feed flocks of visitors coming into town, and enough pumpkin pie to take to all those wonderful fall functions. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite fall foods, and I especially enjoy making the crust from scratch. It just gives the pie so much more flavor when you use a homemade graham cracker crust.
The interesting thing about this recipe is that it makes two whole pies, because let’s face it- one is never enough.
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie recipe and make sure to save some for those visitors!
This is the most delicious pie ever!
- In a food processor, grind the graham crackers to a pulp.
- Add melted butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Grease a pie pan lightly, and then use a spoon to add the graham cracker mixture to the pan, pating it down so that it is even all around the edges.
- Prebake the 2 crusts in oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool crusts for 5 minutes before adding the pumpkin mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, and spices. Mix well.
- Pour the filling mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool pies for around 10 minutes before serving, it needs enough time for all the flavors to "melt" into the crust before you serve it.
- Keep one pie for you and your family, and bring one pie to an event or party!
This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for fall. I like to make enough of these to last for the whole season, and freeze them so that you never have to worry about having something to share with your family and guests!
- Trader Joes Cupcake Vodka
- Finnish Black Sausage (Mustamakkara)