It’s finally fall, one of my favorite seasons! I just love all the yummy recipes that one can cook up during fall. This raisin spice cake recipe is pretty basic, and that’s exactly what I love about it. It’s simple and tasty, and doesn’t require a lot of steps. Spice cakes are one of the most delicious and savory things I love to eat during fall. For this recipe I used Trader Joe’s all natural and all organic raisins, which are sweet and full of flavor.
Enjoy this raisin spice cake recipe tonight as your dessert. You can also top this cake with a delicate melted butter and brown sugar glaze, if you like that extra sweet on top of your cake.
This Raisin Spice Cake Recipe is perfect for fall! Perfect combination of festive fall spices and raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a round 10 inch pan, or a small loaf pan with butter.
- In a small saucepan, boil water and add raisins, cooking for around 10 minutes until soft.
- Cream butter and sugar together, until well combined.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt, and cardamom.
- Once cooked, add raisins and 1/2 cup water.
- Add baking soda dissolved mixture.
- Lastly, add flour, and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until slightly brown on top.
This Raisins Spice cake can also be topped with chopped almonds or pecans if you are a nut lover.
- Finnish Flat Bread Recipe
- Butternut Squash Soup Recipe