This Homemade Applesauce Recipe is one the easiest, healthiest, and most delicious things you can make this holiday season. It only has 3 ingredients! When choosing which apples to use for your applesauce, you can use a variety or all the same kind. The kind I used were Macintosh and Pink Lady apples. I’d recommend stocking up on apples when they are 99 cents a pound, that way you can save some money!
This Homemade Applesauce recipe will make you never want to buy store applesauce again!
- Wash, peel, and cut apples into quarters, and remove cores and seeds.
- Begin boiling a large pot of water on the stovetop with the apples.
- Squeeze the juice from 3 lemons into the water along with the apples.
- Boil apples until they begin to burst, usually about 25 minutes or so.
- Strain water using a collander, and then add cooked apples back to pan.
- Using a potato masher, mash up the apples until they are smooth.
- *You can also add the apples to a food processor if you like your applesauce extra smooth.
- Top applesauce with cinnamon, and serve!
- *You can also add brown sugar to your applesauce
When using a food processor, I’d recommend buying a Cuisinart!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Snowball Cookies with Almonds Recipe