This simple, classic, and super-easy Chocolate Loaf Cake recipe can be made in about an hour and a half. Perfect for a quick dessert dish to take to a Christmas party!
This Chocolate Loaf Cake is super easy to prepare and uses basic ingredients found in every pantry! Comes out chocolatey and delicious, with a moist center.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a medium loaf pan well with butter or Crisco.
- In a mixing bowl, begin creaming the softened butter and sugar together until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and combine.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Add half of the flour.
- Add the milk.
- Add the other half of the flour.
- Stir well and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for around 1 hour until you can see the edges come away from the sides of the pan, and then you can remove and place on a serving tray or baking dish.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar for extra flair!
If you'd like more chocolate, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or M&M's to the mixture before baking.
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- New Amsterdam Vodka