This Double Chocolate chip cookie recipe is one of my favorites for the holiday season. You just can’t go wrong with chocolate! If you are looking for cookies that literally “disappear”, then these are those cookies. Be sure to have milk on hand, because you’ll be looking for something to wash them down with!
Double chocolate chip cookies remind me of when I was in Middle school, and they would sell these in our cafeteria during lunch. I would line up for almost 20 minutes to get a cookie and a slush puppie. Lunch of champions! those were the days……
Other recommendations to spice up this recipe would be to add 1/2 teaspoon of ground espresso, to add an additional “coffee taste” if you are a coffee lover. You can also dust the tops of these cookies with powdered sugar to add a little more holiday fancy flair! To customize for the holidays, you can also replace the chocolate chips with holiday m&m’s if you’d like. Since these only come around once a year, I love incorporating m&m’s into cookies for Christmas.
The most important thing to remember when baking cookies, is to not overbake! There is nothing worse than a crunchy cookie, cookies should be soft, chewy, and melt in your mouth. If your cookie is crunchy, I would hope it was chips ahoy, and not this recipe!
These Double chocolate chip cookies are divine! Filled with chocolatey deliciousness and the wonderful melt-in-your-mouth texture of chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown and white sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder)
- A little at a time, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until all is mixed.
- Add chocolate chips last and stir only enough so that they are mixed in.
- Drop by tablespoon on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they rise and spread out.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To add more variety to this recipe, you can also sprinkle the top with coconut or chopped almonds, before baking!
- Olive Garden is now selling Burgers
- Chocolate Loaf Cake Recipe