This chunky blue cheese chicken casserole recipe is just what the doctor ordered for combining blue cheese and chicken! Who doesn’t enjoy the tangy taste of fresh blue cheese? It’s not just for salads, you can also incorporate it into rices, sauces, and casseroles like this one.
If you are not a fan of blue cheese, you can also use shredded cheddar cheese. To make this recipe even quicker and easier, you can prepare the rice and chicken ahead of time (or use leftovers), and then just add a few more ingredients to the casserole dish before you put it in the oven. For an extra crispy crunch on the top of the casserole, top with toasted bread crumbs or croutons.
If you like your chicken spicy, sautee the chicken or add 3 tablespoons of Red Hot Sauce to the casserole before baking- to kick it up a notch!
This chunky blue cheese chicken casserole is savory and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sautee onions and garlic in a medium skillet until tender.
- If your chicken is not pre-cooked, then you need to also have a separate skillet set up and cook that until done.
- Combine the rice, onions and garlic with the cooked chicken in a medium casserole dish.
- Whisk flour, olive oil and milk in a medium bowl.
- Add salt on top of the rice.
- Pour milk and flour mixture on top of rice.
- Top entire casserole with a generous portion of crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling underneath.
- Cool for ten minutes before serving.
For additional vegetables you can also add sauteed diced celery, carrots, or mushrooms to this recipe!
- How to Avoid Fast Food
- How to Toast and Grind Spices