How to Cook Quinoa:
In the New Year, many people have resolved to start eating healthier! I’d recommend that if you haven’t ever tried Quinoa, now is the time to start. Quinoa has many health benefits. Aside from being a whole grain, it also makes you full faster. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, not to mention that it is a complete protein- so it’s one of the most nutrient dense things that you can eat! It contains Iron, Lysine, Riboflavin, Manganese, Magnesium, and many other B Vitamins. Cooking Quinoa is very easy, but if you’ve never tried it before I would compare it to cooking rice. Quinoa can also be substituted in many dishes which use rice. Before cooking Quinoa, make sure you rinse it well to remove any chemicals which may have been added to it during the harvesting process.
- Rinse Quinoa well.
- Begin boiling water in a medium pan, add Quinoa.
- Boil covered for 20 minutes until all of the water is absorbed.
- Once all the water has been absorbed, your Quinoa should be fluffy and ready to eat.
- Serve on the side of meats, veggies, and other dishes.
Start your resolution to eat healthier, by eating one of nature's superfoods! Do you have any favorite ways you like to cook Quinoa? Post your ideas as a comment!
- Archive Vintage Furniture Laguna Beach
- How to Avoid Fast Food