Instructions on How to use a Pastry Bag:
I’d recommend purchasing the pastry bag which comes with a coupler, which is a small plastic thing which goes inside the bag, and allows you to quickly and easily change decorating tips, to add more diversity to your design. For the purposes of this how-to I used disposable pastry bags, which are plastic and can be thrown out after use.
Link to a kit of cake decorating tips:
Link to Pastry bags, 100 count:
- Drop the Coupler, narrow end first into the pastry bad and push it down as far as you can. Drop the coupler base, narrow end first, into the bag and push it down as far as you can.
- Cut the bottom of the pastry bag so that the coupler end barely peeks out and can be secured at the bottom with the tip.
- Place a decorating tip on the top of the coupler base.
- Use the other part of the coupler, "the coupler ring", and add this over the decorating tip, turning it until all pieces are locked in place.
- Fold over the top of the pastry bag at least halfway, so that it is easier to spoon the frosting into the bag.
- Using a spatula, spoon the frosting into the bag- be careful not to overfill- it is always easier to add more frosting than it is to take some out.
- When the bag is full, twist the end shut so that none can spill out while you are frosting.
- Decorate your cake, using different tips to make different designs!
- This is you chance to be creative 🙂
- Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- Archive Vintage Furniture Laguna Beach