So a wonderful thing happened last week-my husband made chicken! Not just any chicken, but miraculously juicy, tender, delicious, mouth-watering, overflowing-with-flavor chicken! This Orange sage chicken marinade recipe is his magical creation, but I do hope you enjoy it. Combining the flavor of citrus into chicken is something I’ve never done before- but it’s the perfect time of year for citrus because oranges are in season. So if you happen to have an orange tree on your property, grab an orange and get to work creating this magical chicken.
This Orange Sage Chicken Marinade is just what the doctor ordered for your winter blues! The fresh aroma of orange and the melt in your mouth tenderness of the chicken will make your day.
- Begin by defrosting chicken (if frozen) until it is soft.
- Prepare chicken by removing fat and skin.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, orange zest, squeezed orange, Sage, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper.
- Add chicken to bowl and let it marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place it in a ceramic or glass dish.
- Add additional salt and pepper to each piece of chicken immediately before placing in oven.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes until each piece is tender and juicy.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For the best tasting chicken, use fresh herbs and fresh orange juices.
- Scandia Bakery Review
- Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe