I am a huge fan of making banana bread. I find bananas to be one of the most elegant of dessert foods, and they always make banana bread very moist. This time I wanted to try making something for the top of my basic white cake cupcakes which included banana!
These banana glazed cupcakes use a simple glaze on top which is not as glaringly sweet as a frosting, but it still has enough sweetness to be tasty. You can also use this recipe for banana glaze for the top of banana bread, and I’m sure it would be a great addition if you are looking to jazz up your banana bread.
You can garnish the tops of the cupcakes to your liking, I just sliced up some bananas and put them on top!
This Banana Glazed cupcakes recipe is absolutely delicious! Cupcakes come out moist and fluffy, and the glaze on top is delicately sweet and will satisfy your cravings!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixer combine the sugar and softened butter until it is creamed.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract, baking powder.
- Alternate adding the amounts of flour and vegetable oil a little at a time.
- Mix all ingredients until a smooth creamy batter begins to take shape.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon the batter into each cupcake.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden brown on the top.
- Mash banana thoroughly with fork.
- Soften butter in a saucepan slowly on the stove top, and combine with mashed banana, stirring well.
- Add vanilla extract and egg white and stir, heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- Add corn syrup last and stir well.
- Refrigerate glaze for 30 minutes until cooled.
- Dip the top of each cupcake into the glaze, it should be sticky looking and resemble honey.
- Garnish tops of each glazed cupcake with slices of banana.
These banana glazed cupcakes would go great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
I also enjoyed reading about this recipe for Banana Buttercream frosting.
Here is my recipe for Banana Nut Bread, which would go wonderfully with the banana glaze!
- How to Cook Barley
- Red Velvet Heart Cake