In need of a casserole recipe which doesn’t require you to go out and buy a million different crazy things? Well this recipe uses ingredients you most likely already have in your fridge and pantry, and it’s super economical to make! So if you are in need of a quick lunch idea, or something to take to your afternoon Super Bowl party then this is your dish!
This Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Recipe cooks in the oven for around 35 minutes, just enough so the cheese on top melts and bubbles and begins to form a crust on top. The dish uses frozen broccoli, although you can also substitute fresh broccoli if you pre-cook it ahead of time. The key is to try and make sure most of the moisture from the broccoli is cooked off before putting it in the oven, otherwise the casserole could end up with too much water in it. Happy casseroling!
For all my casserole needs, I really enjoy using my Pyrex glass baking dishes. They are extremely durable, easy to clean, and very versatile for casseroles or baking. Available on Amazon here:
This cheesy broccoli casserole recipe is a great last-minute dish to take to a pot luck, or it's also a very easy dish to make for lunch or dinner!
- Pre-cook rice using a rice cooker or on the stove top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice onion and sautee it in a pan until it is lightly browned.
- In a 8 X 8 casserole dish combine the sauteed onion, cooked white rice, frozen broccoli, sour cream, and milk.
- On the top, cover with the two slices of American cheese and Grated Cheddar Jack Cheese.
- Dust top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown on the top.
This cheesy broccoli casserole recipe combines foods you most likely already have in your kitchen. To make a whole grain casserole, use brown rice instead of white.
- Finnish Rye Cookies
- Finnish Crepes Recipe