Looking for a new type of cookie to bake this weekend? Maybe a cookie that is a little more on the healthy side, than those sugar cookies you consumed way too many of during the holiday season? These Finnish Rye Cookies are made using mostly Rye Flour, along with a little all-purpose flour. Rye Flour can be found at a specialty store, like a Whole Foods, or you can also purchase online from Bob’s Red Mill. The light rye flour is what I would recommend for these cookies.
These Finnish Rye Cookies are very simple and bake up in only 7 minutes!
These Finnish Rye Cookies are a new take on cookies, because they use rye flour. They are not as sweet as regular cookies, but are just as delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in Rye flour a little at a time.
- Mix in egg, and work dough using your hands until smooth.
- Roll onto lightly floured board until they are 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 2-inch long rounds, using a cookie cutter or a small cup.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with a dusting of sugar on top.
- Serve with coffee!
- Hot Spinach Dip Recipe
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Recipe