This Finnish Meatballs Recipe is the perfect hearty dish to make for dinner. After you prepare the meatballs, cook them on medium high heat in a skillet (cast iron if you prefer), and attempt to make an even sear on each side of the meatball.
These meatballs would also be enjoyable with a creamy gravy sauce on top, or with different spices or seasonings incorporated. You can even make curry meatballs with just a few extra ingredients!
This Finnish Meatballs Recipe is a great addition to mashed potatoes, or you can serve with grilled veggies!
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk, breadcrumbs, and ½ cup of heavy cream.
- Chop the onion into small pieces on a cutting board and then sautee in a pan with a little butter until they are translucent.
- Combine ground beef and egg using your hands, and then add the breadcrumb-milk mixture a little at a time.
- Add the onions and spices last.
- Roll into small meatballs, and then pan fry the meatballs with butter in a sautee pan on medium high heat.
- Be sure to turn the meatballs with tongs to ensure the cook all the way around.
- Serve with lingonberry jam on top, or on top of mashed potatoes.
- Homemade Shamrock Shake Recipe
- Soon to be Boozing at Starbucks- Starbucks to sell Alcohol