Looking for a way to infuse a lot of flavor into your ordinary chicken dinner? This Oregano Herb Chicken is extremely easy to make, as long as you have the fresh herb plant readily available.
Our oregano plant, which we keep in a pot on our patio, seems to grow like crazy in the summer months- so I have trimmed it almost biweekly and was looking for a new way to use the leaves. Using a food processor, all you need to do it blend the Oregano with olive oil and a little water, and you are halfway there!
The Oregano adds a highly aromatic flavor during the cooking process, and the end result is extremely tasty! Our kitchen smelled like a pizza place for a couple hours after, so you may want to keep the windows open if you need to air out the kitchen!
- Remove Oregano leaves from the fresh plant, so that they are off of the thicker branch-like stems.
- Combine Oregano leaves with 1/4 cup olive oil and water in a food processor, until the herb has been made into a pesto.
- Prepare chicken thighs by removing skin and fat, and making sure they are properly defrosted if they have been frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a kitchen brush, apply the Oregano pesto like a paste on top of the chicken, until each thigh is very green and completely covered.
- Salt and pepper each thigh with an adequate amount of each.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or a little longer, until fully cooked.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
- Summer Roasted Broccoli Recipe