Eggs are one of the cheapest and most nutritious sources of protein these days. With meat prices skyrocketing and many types of chicken being recalled for Salmonella fears- eggs seem to be one the safest bets!
This Salmon Frittata recipe can be made using smoked salmon, or you can also sautee fresh salmon in a pan prior to adding it to the frittata. Either way comes out fine. The key is to get most of the moisture out of the salmon so that the frittata doesn’t come out too liquidey.
You can also add additional types of cheeses to this frittata, I like to use reduced fat cheddar, although I’m sure it would be delectable with a richer cheese like gouda or brie mixed in. Customize it depending on what you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, cheddar cheese (or any type of cheese) salmon, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet until the entire pan is coated.
- Pour the egg/salmon/cheese mixture into the skillet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the frittata is firm and has set.
- Cut into slices, and garnish with fresh parsley on each slice.
- Graham Cracker Pound Cake Recipe
- Barilla Veggie Pasta