This Finnish Blueberry cobbler recipe cooks up warm and tasty, filled with juicy blueberries. I recommend using fresh blueberries, especially since they are in season now and are on sale at the store! If you wanted to make a larger cobbler, you can also use a 9 X 13 inch glass pan, I would recommend possibly doubling the recipe if you want to make more.
The best part of this cobbler is that it is lowfat! You won’t find any heavy cream, butter, or even eggs in this recipe. You can just use skim milk. I find it tastes lighter than traditional cobblers because the cake is moist and also somewhat airy in texture.
The top of the cobbler is crushed graham crackers and brown sugar mixed together. Serve this blueberry cobbler warm with a side of french vanilla ice cream, or a nice chilled glass of milk.
Blueberries are great for your health, so I’ve been trying to find new ways to incorporate them into my diet this summer. I like to add them to cereal, yogurt, smoothies, on top of oatmeal, and now in this cobbler. I am thinking of baking a blueberry pie soon too!
This recipe is lowfat and delicious! Also provides an excellent source of vitamin c and the antioxidants found in blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash blueberries and set aside.
- Lightly grease an 8 X 8 baking pan with butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and stir using a whisk.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Add blueberries on top of batter, and use a spoon to evenly disperse them in the batter. Don't stire too much or the whole cake will be very blue!
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of cake, to give a nice crust while it is baking.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
For a sweeter cobbler, make your own sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting with powdered sugar to drizzle on top of the cobbler.
- Barilla Veggie Pasta