Lazy Mans Red Wine Reduction Sauce:
Want the flavors of a red wine reduction, but are strapped for time?
Boil baby carrots and/or veggies of your choice, save stock.
Brown chicken or other meat in saucepan on high temp. Get lots of brown goodies in pan, but don’t burn.
Remove meat and finish it in the oven.
Add carrot stock to sauce pan and simma down nah!
And “tad” of garlic powder. If you can muster the energy, mince and mash real 1-2 real garlic cloves with sea salt ala Bobby Flay.
Add 1/2 cup red wine, minimum. Tough to put wine you could drink into a sauce, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
Reduce (simma down nah).
At the end, season with salt and pepper to taste, and finish with a small lump of butter. The butter will pull it all together.
Serve on top of baked chicken, rice, veggies, and yum yum yum enjoy!
Lazy Mans Red Wine Reduction Sauce
1/4 cup leftover chicken/pork/ other meat drippings
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup decent quality red wine
Salt, Pepper, garlic powder to taste (or chopped garlic)
Small lump of butter
- Brown chicken or other meat in a skillet, and use the leftover broth.
- Add chicken broth (carrot stock in this case)
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, or minced garlic if using.
- Add red wine.
- Reduce mixture over medium heat for around 10 minutes until it is thicker.
- Add small lump of butter and mix until combined.
- Serve on top of your chicken and veggies!
Copyright 2013 FinnishFoodGirl.com
- Cannellini Rotini Chicken Mushroom Casserole
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe