I’m always looking for new and interesting ways to incorporate pumpkin into recipes, especially during this time of year, before thanksgiving and not-yet-christmas!
There’s only a few short weeks when pumpkin foods are really “in-style” anyway. I sure love pumpkin!!!!
This Pumpkin Protein Bars Recipe is just the right amount of sweet to satisfy your cravings, but it also has protein powder added into it, so you get the benefit of not having that sugar crash after eating one of these bars. You can enjoy these Pumpkin Protein Bars after your morning or afternoon workout, or really anytime. I like to wrap them up in plastic wrap and keep one in my purse- you never know when your pumpkin craving will hit!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 X 8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, egg whites, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the protein powder, and cinnamon.
- Add oats, brown sugar, and protein powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes until center is completely solid and done.
- Slice into bars and serve.
- Great for after your morning workout or just for a mid-day snack!
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe