This Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe is super easy and super chocolatey!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper. (or lightly grease with butter)
- In a mixer cream together butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs until well combined.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe dish (approximately 1.5 minutes)
- Add the melted chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
- In a mixing bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda, use a whisk to make sure the cocoa powder lumps have been eliminated.
- Add flour/cocoa powder mixture to the batter.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and stir gently with a spoon only until they are mixed in.(for an extra chocolatey cookie, I add 3/4 cup chocolate chips)
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon balls of cookie dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tops of the cookies begin to crack slightly.
- Remove from oven.
- After cooling for one minute on the cookie sheet, remove immediately to a cooling wrack by using a spatula.
This recipe can be spiced up by adding nuts in at the same time you add the chocolate chips- I'd recommend either walnuts or Macadamia Nuts. Alternatively you can also add white chocolate chips in if that is your preference!
- Hot Apple Cider with Rum Recipe
- Almond Roca Recipe