This Lemon Zest Cookies Recipe is super easy to make and is a great addition to your cookie repertoire! It’s nice to make something a little different for the spring and summer season. These cookies are extremely hard to resist, and you’ll find they are a crowd pleaser and people will keep coming back for more.
What’s great about these cookies is that they aren’t really heavy tasting at all- they are extremely light, and the perfect combination of tangy and sweet so they are a surprise for the palate.
Serve at an afternoon tea or spring gathering, or whenever you’d like really!
These lemon zest cookies are light and sweet-perfect for summer!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add Vanilla extract and egg.
- Zest 1 whole lemon and add the zest to the mix.
- Add salt, lemon juice, baking soda, baking powder.
- Add flour a little at a time until dough thickens.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and mix a final few rounds.
- Form dough into small balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 11 minutes, checking occasionally- do not overbake or these will turn hard very fast!
- Cool for 3 minutes on baking pan then promptly move to a cooling rack until fully cool.
- Using a flour sifter, sift powdered sugar on top of the cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Finnish Lihapiirakka Recipe Meat Pie
- Finnish Butter Cookies Recipe